By Robert Payne Smith
Read Online or Download A Commentary upon the Gospel according to S. Luke, by S. Cyril, Patriarch of Alexandria. Part II PDF
Similar nonfiction_2 books
# S2068. "How to avoid wasting the area via intercourse and sin! " (except for one little challenge ---) a hundred and sixty pages.
- Terror on the Moons of Jupiter (Tom Swift - Third Series, Book 2)
- Phantom Stallion: Wild Horse Island #7: Mistwalker
- Serpent's Quest Lycan Blood Vol. I
- Public Debt in a Democratic Society
Additional resources for A Commentary upon the Gospel according to S. Luke, by S. Cyril, Patriarch of Alexandria. Part II
Quot; Now ? : he repent, the matter is by nature good, He will But if the declaration but that blasphemy against God is so serious a sin, that under ordinary circumstances it can expect In this way S. no forgiveness. Cyril then first of all takes the explains it, and other alternative, which as being acquainted with the Greek language only, he probably considered equally tenable, of our Lord by the son of man signifying Himself. THE GOSPEL OF ST. LUKE. 407 has reference to Christ himself, the Saviour of all, how can he be innocent, or secure from condemnation, who has spoken against Him ?
21. " live unto Christ and who for those, lolily, piety towards Him, endure dangers, gain the life incorruptible, being crowned by to live is ; His decree before the judgment seat of God. And this He teaches us, saying Whosoever shall confess Me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of " ; God/ It see is then a thing above who it is all others worthy of our attention to that confesses Christ, and in what way one may rightly and blamelessly confess Him. Most wise Paul therefore writes to us, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend unto Eom.
For this reason He makes them abandon superfluous anxiety, and does not permit them to practise a careworn and urgent industry through the wish of gathering what exceeds their necessities for in these matters a all super not anxious therefore, what ye shall eat nor for your body, For the life is more than meat, and ; adds nothing to our fluity benefit. " Be He says, for your life, what ye shall put on. " He did not simply say, Bo not for your life that is, do not expend anxious;" but added any careful study on these things, but bestow your earnestness on things of far higher For the life indeed is of importance.